Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thieves Guild Drawing and Lindsay Yankee at Wheatfield's

Thieves Guild Presents:
CryptoSKETCHology
Nov. 4, 7:00 PM
Fatso's Public House


Here's what the Guild's FB page says about the event: 
SASQUATCH...NESSIE...CHUBACABRA
What are these mysterious beasts that lurk in the recesses of our imaginations? Join us and SNIPE HUNT, (Society of the Neverending Inquest to Prove Existence and Hopefully Uncover Non-typical Terrestials), as we attempt to sketch an elusive cryptid. Poses provided by the lovely lupine Putressa Le Pew of Foxy by Proxy.
Only $5.00! Bring your sketchpads and art supplies


____________________________________________

We love this post by Harrisonic's singer John Harrison:

Sometimes when I hear a song I loved in the ancient long ago I get a strange, instantaneous flashback to something I felt when I first heard it. It's not so specific as to evoke a particular place or a certain person; it's much more nebulous. Maybe it's the feeling of being young, of possibilities, of a sense of something beautiful freshly discovered. I can't really say, because it's so brief, but I long to somehow grab it and pull it to me, to rediscover it and communicate with it like a lost soulmate. It vanishes before I can clutch it and hold it. It is, at the same time, one of the most beautiful and painful things I experience on a near-daily basis. I feel I am addicted to it, and always will be.
_____________________________________

Check out the new work up at Wheatfields Bakery.  Poppies and other flowers are part of the display by Lawrence Illustrator Lindsay Yankee.

See her website for more information here: http://lindseyyankey.com/home.html


No comments:

Post a Comment