Saturday, March 24, 2012

Nathan Hoffman: Microcosmical

I am very excited to see two new thesis shows that share a space this week at the Art and Design Gallery.  One of the shows is Nathan Hoffman's Microcosmical which opens on Monday.

Nathan's work is organic, with textures and colors inspired from nature.  Here is Hoffman's statement about his work that was included in the invite for the show:
The goal of my thesis exhibition is to take the viewer into a landscape of my artistic world, where matter is a vehicle between the conscious and subconscious mind. I want my viewer to connect with the space by physically entering and travelling through it, thereby becoming a part of the landscape and a part of the installation.


I am not exactly sure which art works Nathan will include in his show, but I'm adding some random pics from Nathan's studio that he sent us on Facebook.






Opening Reception: Monday, March 26, 5:30-8:00 pm
Closing Reception: Thursday, March 29, 5:30-8:00 pm

Gallery Hours: Monday 8:30 am-7:00 pm
Tuesday & Wednesday 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Thursday 8:30 am-9:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am-1:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment